Last updated: October 1, 2015
- SCOPE AND CONSENT
- TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Should FidoTV use personal information as defined herein, our goal is to collect and use such information to deliver effective and personalized services which take your interests and preferences into account, as well as for our legitimate business needs and interests.
- Information that identifies you: This is commonly referred to as “personal information” and includes, for example, information that you provide to us such as your name, home address, age, gender, telephone number, e-mail address, payment information (including your credit card number), and/or photos or video footage of you; and
- Information that relates to you, but on its own does not identify you: Such “Non-Personally Indentifiable Information can technical information or it can be demographic information, such as your age, gender or interests. Non-personally identifiable information does NOT identify you personally. Here are some examples of the non-personally identifiable information that is collected via the Sites and a description of how this information is used:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address: Your IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send you data – such as the webpages you view. We use this information to deliver our webpages to you upon request, to tailor our Sites to the interests of our users and to measure traffic within our Sites.
- Cookie: A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used to collect information about your activity on the Sites. For example, when someone visits a page within the Sites, a cookie is placed on the user’s machine (if the user accepts cookies) or is read if the user has visited the Sites previously. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but if you do, you may not be able to take advantage of the personalized features enjoyed by other users to our Sites.
- Web Beacons (also known as “clear gifs,” “web bugs” or “pixel tags”): “Web Beacons” are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Sites and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, web beacons can tell the sender whether and when the email has been opened. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages.
- Demographic Information: “Demographic Information” may be your gender, age, zip code and interests, which you voluntarily provide to us on the Sites. We use this information to provide you with personalized services and to analyze trends to ensure the information provided by the Sites meets your needs.
There are six main categories of information we collect about users of our online services users that include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Contact/Registration information: for example, your telephone number or e-mail address, where you have signed up for a newsletter or other information such as; name, age, gender or interests when you register for an account on our online services; delivery address where you are buying a product or service through an online service; or your age, location or delivery address if you choose to enter a competition or sweepstake offered through the online services.
- Transaction information: when you order products or services through the online services, you may provide information such as your credit/debit card details and other personal information related to that transaction.
- Information that you provide on message boards and other user forums: including your username, images or videos. Please use caution when posting to messages boards or other forums, as information posted to these portions of the online services is public information.
- Information about your equipment: for example, the type and version of your device’s operating system or web browser, your device ID, and in some instances, your device’s location.
- Information about your interactions with the online services: for example, your Internet protocol or (IP) address, pages that you visit within the online services or other information collected therein.
- Information that is collected from social networks and publicly available data: if you visit our online service on a device through which you also interact with social networks or if you interact with us through a social media function such as a plug-in (for example, a Facebook “like” button) then you may be permitting us to have on-going access to some information from your social network profile (such as your name, email address, your friend list, photo, age, gender, location, birthday, social networking ID, current city, the people/sites you follow, and so forth). If you don’t want a social network to collect the information about you as described above, or you don’t want to have a social network share it with us and other third parties, please review the privacy settings and instructions of the applicable social network before you visit and use our online services.
- HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We collect your information when you use our online services in three main ways:
- Directly from you, when you provide it to us: for example, when you request products or services from us, when you register with us, respond to surveys, contact us or otherwise interact with us. Please remember that if others use devices into which you remain logged in, they may share information with us as if they were you, and they may have access to information that you have previously provided us. To protect your privacy, please log out from the online services you use from shared devices.
- Automatically, when you use our online services: we collect information through the use of our online services.
- From third parties including social networks, other online services, from publicly available records, and from our trusted business partners.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information to:
- provide the services you have requested, including sweepstakes, contests or promotions;
- create an online services account if you have requested one;
- personalize the services offered by us and our agents, including providing personalized advertising on some online services (see options for opting-out of personalized advertising herein;
- respond to your inquiries, requests, and comments;
- allow you to participate in the interactive features of our online services, where you choose to do so;
- provide technical support for the online services;
- prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities (including copyright infringement) on the online services;
- protect the safety of users and others on the online services;
- understand how online services are used so that we can continuously improve them, and the services we provide to you;
- send you service-related communications, including announcements and administrative messages;
- send you newsletters and information about products, services and promotions relating to us and/or our business partners or other organizations that we work with, in accordance with your communication preferences. Subject to legal restrictions (including consent where necessary) we may also use technology (such as Facebook Custom Audiences) to deliver advertising to you on other sites based on the email address or other personal information you provided to us or through the use of information we received from third parties. Please see Your Rights and Choices for further information about how you can control these updates;
- if a FidoTV e-commerce website is available and is used to send gifts, we may use the email addresses that you provide to send your gifts, provide other communications relating to such transaction, as well as any further communications as may be authorized by the recipients;
- implement social networking features you have activated; and
- we may combine all the information we collect or receive about you for any of the foregoing purposes.
- SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- To fulfill a service to you. For example, if you choose to watch an educational pet program on the Sites, we may share your personally identifiable information in order to provide the program to you. In addition, if you email us a question, we may use your email address to process your request and respond to your question. Also, if you are entering a sweepstakes or contest, we may use your personally identifiable information in order to fulfill the terms of that promotion. This means that we may share the information for prize fulfillment purposes or mail carriers. We also may share your information with the co-sponsor of that promotion.
- Information collected automatically: this information collected from your interaction with the online services, which may or may not include personal information, may be shared with FidoTV affiliates for the purposes of research, analysis, marketing and ad-serving.
Information shared with trusted third parties:
- Service providers or business partners that we have retained to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf: Such as for research and analytics, hosting websites, fulfilling transactions, maintaining databases, administering contests, providing technology services and platforms, and processing payments. These parties are provided only with the personal information or other information they need to perform their functions and can only use and disclose that information as is necessary to perform the services on our behalf, or to comply with legal requirements. We take steps to ensure that third-party service providers will take appropriate steps to protect your personal information.
- For Mobile Apps: In addition, in relation to Mobile Apps, we may share your usage and personal information with operating system, platforms providers, carriers and/or other mobile apps either operated by us or third parties. Please see our Mobile Apps section for additional detail.
Information we share with advertisers (including Targeted Advertising)
Some online services, including Mobile Apps, may be supported with advertising, and collect data to help the online services serve ads. This helps keep the cost of online services low or free.
Information shared with other parties
In addition, we may disclose your personal information collected through the online services to law enforcement agencies, government/regulatory bodies, and content protection organizations to:
- Protect our legal rights, privacy or safety, and those of our subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, agents and contractors or other individuals;
- Protect the safety and security of visitors to our online services or other properties;
- Protect against fraud or other illegal activity or for risk management purposes;
- Respond to inquiries or requests from government, regulatory, law enforcement or public authorities;
- Permit us to pursue available remedies, commence, participate in, or defend litigation, or limit the damages that we may sustain;
- Comply with the law including with subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, and other legal process; or
- Enforce applicable terms of service
Sale or transfer of all or part of our business or assets
We reserve the right to transfer your usage information and personal information in the event we sell or transfer all or a part of our business or assets so that the buyer can continue to offer you the online services. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to provide you with reasonable notice of such transfer, or as otherwise required by law. If you do not want your personal information to be processed following such a transfer, you should contact the subsequent owner of the business.
When we collect personally identifiable information from children, we will only use that information for the express purpose for which it was collected. For example, if a child enters a sweepstakes, we will request the parent’s information and will only use the child’s email address to enter the child into the sweepstakes, to notify the parent of the child’s entry, and to identify and notify the child if he or she is a potential winner. The personally identifiable information will not be used for any other purpose, and the personally identifiable information will not be used after the promotion is complete.
Sharing of Personally Identifiable Information Collected from Children
Except as provided in this Section, we do not share personally identifiable information collected from children with any unaffiliated third parties. We may, however, share a child’s personally identifiable information that we have collected with parental consent in the following limited instances:
- We may share such information with third-party service providers who help FidoTV maintain the online services and provide other administrative services to us. We seek to ensure that these unaffiliated third parties may not use the personally identifiable information for any other purpose, and these unaffiliated third parties have agreed to maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of the personally identifiable information.
- If a child is selected as a potential winner of one of our contests or sweepstakes, we will notify the child’s parent via the email address that the child submitted. If the parent consents, we will collect and share this information in order to fulfill the terms of the promotion.
- Finally, we may disclose a child’s personally identifiable information to third parties if we believe we are required to do so in order to comply with law (including court orders and subpoenas); to comply with requests from law enforcement agencies or the government; to enforce our User Agreement; to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property and the rights, privacy, safety or property of our employees or other users of our Sites; to protect our operations; and to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We maintain procedural, technical and physical safeguards for our online services to help protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the personal information you provide via our online services. We also ask the service providers that help us deliver our online services to so the same. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our online services. Unfortunately, no transmission of data is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under our control to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. Therefore, any transmission of personal information to us is made at your own risk. If you believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please notify us using the contact details below.
Usernames & Passwords
It is important that you protect and maintain the security of any account and that you notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of any FidoTV account. Do not disclose your password to anyone else.
- YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Communication Preferences and Opt-outs
If we offer a newsletter and you subscribe to one or more of our email newsletters or receive them from us and you don’t want them anymore, you can unsubscribe. Select the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any message, by other means provided to unsubscribe, or using the contact details below, to unsubscribe from marketing and promotional e-mails and associated marketing delivered to you on third party services based on your subscription data. However, you cannot unsubscribe from some service related messages.
For additional information about your choices in relation to Mobile Apps including information on how to opt out of targeted advertising see our Mobile Apps policy.
Access and Correction
In addition to the functionality provided to you via the online services (such as using “account settings” for registered users), where legally required we provide online visitors with access to their personal information and the ability to review, update and correct it. Some access requests may be subject to a small fee. To help your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as requiring a password and user ID, and possibly photo ID before granting access to your personal information. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about exercising these rights.
Data Retention and Deletion
We will retain your data for as long as you use the online services and for a reasonable time thereafter. If you’d like to delete, modify or update the data that you provided via the online services please use the settings on the online services or contact us at email@example.com and we will respond in a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of this data may be required in order for the online services to function properly, and we may be required to retain certain information by law.
- WHERE YOUR INFORMATION WILL BE USED
FidoTV is based in the United States and may from time to time transfer your personal information to other countries and make it accessible to any of our affiliates and third-party service providers internationally. Where the transfer of information is to a country, which does not provide an adequate level of information protection, FidoTV has taken steps to ensure that your personal information receives an appropriate level of protection.
If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect, including personal information, may be transferred to, and processed, stored and used in the United States. Under United States law, your personal information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in the United States.
By using our online services and providing your personal information to us you understand and agree that your personal information may be sent to other countries including those which do not provide an equivalent level of information protection as the European Economic Area (EEA).
- MOBILE APPS
For more information about our information collection and use practices with respect to online services that are mobile applications (“Mobile Apps”) see the Mobile Apps policy.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Notice to California Residents:
Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third parties to which our online service has disclosed certain personal information (as defined by California law) during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org For all requests, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In the body of your request, please provide enough information for us to determine if this applies to you. You need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, email, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) (as amended effective January 1, 2014) provides that California residents are entitled to know how FidoTV responds to “Do Not Track” browser settings. FidoTV does not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.
Links to Other Websites: